1. Information You Submit
We may store the information you submit to or through the Site. We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide Site functionality, improve Site quality, personalize your experience, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems, allow for disaster recovery, and comply with legal obligations. Among the information you submit to or through the Site, please note:
- Account Registration: You must provide a valid email address in order to sign up for an Account on the Site. In addition, you may provide us with your full name, gender, and birth date. When you sign up for an ESL101 account, we opt you in to receive emails from other ESL101 users, businesses and ESL101 by default. You can manage your email preferences and modify some of the information associated with your account. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal notices. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal.
- Public Content: Your content, documents, photos, check-ins, message board posts, friends, lists, and account profile (including your name, but excluding your other account registration information), and other content you post to the Site are meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends to join the Site by providing their contact information, or by allowing us to use your address book from your computer, mobile device, or other sites. If you invite a friend to join and connect with you on the Site, we may use and store your friends' contact information long enough to process your requests.
- Messaging: If you exchange messages with others through the Site, we may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow you to manage them. If you send information from the Site to your phone via SMS text message, we may log your phone number, phone carrier, and the date and time that the message was processed. Carriers may charge recipients for texts that they receive.
- Credit Card Purchases: If you purchase business advertising, or other ESL101 products or services online, we may collect and store billing and credit card information. This information will only be shared with third parties who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction (such as fulfilling orders and processing credit card payments). When you submit credit card numbers, we encrypt that information using industry standard technology.
For more information on controlling your personal data, please see Sections 4 and 5, below.
2. Information We Collect
In addition to the information you submit to or through the Site, we also collect and store information from and about you in the course of your use of the Site. We use this information to analyze and track user behavior, personalize your experience, associate it with other information about you, provide the functionality and improve the quality of the Site, and may use it to display relevant advertising. For example:
- Location: We may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
- Activity: We may collect and store information related to you and your use of the Site, such as your browser type, IP address, unique device identifier, the phone numbers and names of businesses that you call through the Site, requested URL, referring URL, browser language, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit.
3. Third Parties
We do not rent, share, sell or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That said, we work with third parties and they may have access to some of your information:
- Service Providers: We outsource some of our technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services to third parties. We may share information from or about you with them so that they can perform their services.
- Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users affiliates, or the public.
- Links: The Site may contain links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Facebook and Twitter: If you are logged into Facebook, and you access but are not logged into the Site, we may receive information from Facebook to make it easier for you to create an account on the Site and show you relevant content from your Facebook friends. This information personalizes your experience and helps you create a ESL101 account. You can also connect your ESL101 account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook or Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers.
4.Controlling Your Personal Data
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in your Public Content. Users can also use the Member Search feature to find one another based on their names or email addresses. You can opt-out of this feature.
Please also note that the messages you send or receive using the Site are only private to the extent that you and the sender/recipient keep them private. For example, we do not have any control over whether a recipient of one of your personal messages publicly posts it or its contents.
5. Data Retention and Account Termination
We will respond to requests relating to personal data sent from within the European Union according to the procedures mandated by the member state from where the request is sent. You will receive a response to your request within 30 days.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. Dispute Resolution
Unit 101 – 12827 76th Avenue
Canada V3W 2V3